The Company

The best production measuring technology for more than 90 years

We are a family-run independent company. The secure future of our company, which is based on success and growth, is the foundation of our long-term relationships with our clients. We owe our good market position to the effort and commitment of our employees.

We have worked in the field of production measuring technology since 1928. Our wealth of experience in the design and manufacture of highly precise components and equipment forms the basis for the production of highly accurate and sturdy measuring machines today. Also, we profit from the fact that we have retained our production system that is founded on craftsmanship. Short decision paths and close proximity to the production combined with a flat hierarchy allows us to react quickly and flexibly to solve complex Tasks.

YouTube Video
more videos on YouTube

Our philosophy

The high demands of our customers are our daily challenge

Our region is noted for its tradition of striving to provide solutions with a good price-benefit ratio. At the same time, the quality principle is also deeply rooted here – an ideal breeding ground for special measuring technology.

Trust and respect when dealing with our business partners and within the company itself combined with a love of our work form the basis for excellent solutions that we develop to satisfy the measurement needs of our clients.

A combination of years of experience and a high level of qualification are the qualities that mark our employees. What they all have in common is a high level of motivation and sense of responsibility that is essential for success in the field of special machine construction. A key aspect of our human ressources policy focuses on supporting our employees and training young people. We also offer students and graduates challenging and varied Tasks.

    History of the company

    The company Philipp Hafner GmbH & Co. KG was founded on April 1, 1928 by Philipp Hafner in Stuttgart. He hired four employees for the manufacture of high-precision parts and equipment. The leased workshop in Schönbühlstraße was already equipped with several machine tools from the very start.

    Philipp Hafner started his business by manufacturing gauges and precision measuring equipment for customers such as Robert Bosch, Mahle and Daimler Benz. A large part of the orders consisted of contract manufacturing based on customer drawings

    In 1944 the building in Schönbühlstraße was destroyed by an air raid. The Hafner family was saved but a large part of the machines were destroyed. For the following years the family established temporary headquarters in Affalterbach. In 1950 the company relocated to a new building in Fellbach.

    In 1955, at the age of 62, Philipp Hafner retired from active work and handed over the business management to his son-in-law, Herbert Kress, who was active in the company until 1979.

    As time went by, the measuring equipment became increasingly more complex. Manual measuring instruments became semi-automatic measuring machines. Single measurements became multi point measuring instruments. The application of inductive measuring sensors and electronic analysis followed soon after.

    The sons-in-law of Else and Herbert Kress, the commercial general manager Paul Böhringer and the technical general manager Konrad Fischer, joined the company in 1978 and 1972 respectively.

    The above average growth forced the company to look for a larger building in 1983 and this was found in Röntgenstraße 14, which is also in Fellbach. The company relocated in 1984. The building, which was more than 30 years old, was completely renovated and extended at the end of the 1990s. The outer facade and the interior rooms were thoroughly reconditioned. This generated a completely new and modern ambience.

    In 2007, Konrad Fischer retired after more than 35 years. As part of the generation shift, Ulla Böhringer entered the company and has been a part of the management since 2008.

    In April 2014, we gave the starting signal for another milestone in our company history – a new building in Blumenstraße in Fellbach. We moved into the new building in the middle of 2015. This modern location lays the foundation for future design and assembly of customized measuring technology for challenging measuring and testing tasks with a high level of automation.

    .